- Licensed: 1979
- Joined Firm: 1978
- Partner Since: 1984
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Motor Vehicle - No-Fault
- Motor Vehicle Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Torts & Litigation
- Transportation Law
- Trucking Liability
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America® for Personal Injury Litigation (Copyright 2014 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC), 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating-AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated. AV Preeminent is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Academic All American – Baseball – 1970, 1971
- Alpert Foundation Scholarship Award – University of Detroit School of Law
- University of Detroit School of Law, 1979, J.D.
- Florida State University, 1971, B.S.
- Michigan State University, 1973, M.B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1979
Gregory Gromek joined Plunkett Cooney in 1978 and has been a partner since 1984. He represents insurance companies in no fault insurance coverage disputes and corporate entities and individuals in motor vehicle negligence, premises liability and general liability litigation.
He earned his law degree from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1979, his M.B.A. from Michigan State University in 1973 and his bachelor’s degree from Florida State University in 1971.
Mr. Gromek served as the Chairman of the Oakland County Bar Association Negligence Law Committee. He also served on the State Bar of Michigan’s Negligence Law Council and is a frequent lecturer on no-fault insurance topics.
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association (Past Chairman, Negligence Committee)
- Oakland County Defense Case Evaluator
- Wayne County Defense Case Evaluator
- State Bar of Michigan (Negligence Law and Alternate Dispute Resolution sections)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Florida State University Alumni Association
- Michigan State University Alumni Association
- University of Detroit Law Alumni Association
- Baseball U.S.A. (Constitution and Bylaws Committee)
PUBLICATIONS AND LECTURES
- Lectures related to No Fault insurance topics before various groups, including ICLE and Negligence Section of State Bar of Michigan
- Article for Michigan Defense Trial Counsel Publication on No-Fault Threshold
- Author – “Tort Reform,” Laches, Oakland County Bar Association, March 1997
- Lectures – “No-Fault Insurance,” for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the State Bar of Michigan Negligence Section, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1997
- Hearing Testimony – No-Fault Law, Ontario Automobile Insurance Board, 1989
- Supreme Court Clarifies Requirements for No-Fault Attendant Care Services (MCL 500.3107(1)(a))
- Supreme Court Rules That Damages for Excess Replacement Services are no Longer Recoverable
- Michigan Legislature Doubles No-Fault ‘Mini-Tort’ Liability
- Supreme Court Reverses Landmark Case On One-Year-Back Rule
- MCCA not statutorily entitled to determine ‘reasonableness’ of settlements
- Supreme Court Overrules Application of Judicial Tolling to the One Year Back Statute of Limitations of Michigan's No-Fault Act