- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Business Risk Management
- Business Torts
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Liability
- Commercial Loans
- Commercial Real Estate
- Consumer Protection
- Cyber Attack
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fraud Activity
- Internet Law
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Non-compete Agreements
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Residential Liability
- Risk Management
- Shareholder Liability
- Statute of Limitations
- Tax Law
- Unfair Competition
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Zoning and Planning
- Minority Owner Oppression Claims, an Introduction
- Freedom to Contract Jeopardized When Fact Finder’s ‘Sense of Fairness’ Becomes Determinative
- Failure to Understand Terms of Personal Guarantee Agreements Will Likely Cost You
- Collateral Estoppel may Apply to Vacated Judgments Post-settlement
- “But he hit me First” Might Work With Mom, but not Necessarily for Defending Breach of Contract Claims
- E-Commerce Sales Tax Enforcement Finally Enters 21st Century
- Exceptions Complicate Res Judicata Doctrine’s Ability to Bar Additional Claims
- Promises to pay Another’s Debts Might fall Within Statute of Frauds; Then Again, Maybe not
- I can amend my pleadings, can’t I?
- Proceed With Caution When Considering CMBS Loans
Plunkett Cooney’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group members are experienced trial lawyers and dispute resolution professionals practicing throughout the Midwest.
For decades, they have handled complex litigation and various business disputes on behalf of some of the largest companies in the United States. At the same time, our attorneys have helped protect mid-sized, small and even the most fragile of start-up companies from the often harsh realities of changing markets and the sometimes unfair practices of their competitors.
Whether involving a routine transaction or a “bet the business” issue or dispute, Plunkett Cooney’s attorneys can help to resolve the matter efficiently and in keeping with our clients’ business and risk management goals.
The firm’s commercial litigation expertise includes, but is not limited to, contract cases, class actions, business torts, real estate disputes, business ownership conflicts, banking and bankruptcy, antitrust claims, corporate compliance issues, , commercial collections, leasing and commercial landlord tenant matters, and intellectual property claims among others.
Clients that are focused on proactively managing risk also rely upon the counsel and advice of their Plunkett Cooney attorneys to review their business policies, procedures and contracts before disputes ever arise. In addition, the firm’s team of coverage experts is available to assist with risk management by examining the coverage afforded by all types of commercial insurance.