- Business Risk Management
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Liability
- Commercial Loans
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Liens
- Cyber Attack
- Fraud Activity
- Letter of Intent
- Mineral Rights
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Residential Liability
- Title Insurance
- The Emerging Landlord and Cannabis Tenant Relationship – A Starting Point for Michigan Landlords
- Enforcing an Unsigned Guaranty – the Leading Object Rule
- Title Curative Treatment Tops Firm’s List of FAQs
- The Text That Did Not Bark
- Does a Borrower’s Spouse Need to Sign a Commercial Mortgage in Ohio?
- Proceed With Caution When Considering CMBS Loans
- Delinquent Taxpayer Beware: A Deal May Not Be A Deal
- Could Time-Barred Debts Secured by Mortgages Rise from the Grave?
- 3 Tax Traps to Avoid When Buying Commercial Property
- 7 Things to Check Before Listing with AIRBNB
The members of Plunkett Cooney’s Title Insurance Practice Group focus on all aspects of real estate law with particular emphasis on securing marketable title on behalf of their clients.
The firm’s real estate practice spans the states of Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Firm members represent clients ranging from individuals, to title insurance underwriters to large financial institutions to commercial property owners seeking to sell or acquire real estate assets.
This area of Plunkett Cooney’s practice includes virtually all aspects of real estate litigation, including priority of interest claims, boundary disputes, title insurance matters, agent defalcation claims and related appeals. The firm also provides expertise in the areas of construction lien law and property tax disputes, among others.
In addition to providing in-service training to their clients, Plunkett Cooney’s attorneys are active in real estate-focused bar organizations and industry groups such as the Michigan, Ohio and Indiana land title associations.