- Auto Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Commercial Real Estate
- Constructive Notice
- FDA Regulations
- Food Law
- Foodservice & Hospitality
- Governmental Immunity
- Liquor Liability
- Medicare Issues
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- No Fault Liability
- Open & Obvious
- Open & Obvious Doctrine
- Premises Liability
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Law
- Residential Liability
- Retail Liability
- Risk Management
- Snow & Ice Claims
- Trucking Liability
- Court Reinforces Principle That Landowners Generally Have no Duty to Prevent Criminal Acts
- Don't Drink and File... a Lawsuit
- Michigan Court of Appeals Affirms Black Ice Remains Open and Obvious
- Phantom Employees Create a 'Question of Fact' for Notice Defense
- Social Media can Derail Defense of Your Premises Liability Case
- The Down and Dirty on Manufacturing Clean Foods, Using Clean Labeling
- Heads up! Baseball, Hotdogs and… Personal Risk at the Ball Park?
- Court Reluctantly Confirms Open and Obvious Doctrine in Ordinary Negligence Claims Involving Snow and Ice
- Low Light and Black Ice Does Not Avoid Open and Obvious
- Gift of the Magi-ority: Supreme Court Hands Premises Owners Golden Opinion on Notice Defense
Plunkett Cooney’s Tort and Litigation Practice Group is one of the most experienced in the Midwest. In addition to a geographic footprint covering Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, Plunkett Cooney has been a leader in the defense of civil litigation since its founding in Detroit in 1913.
Among the firm’s many areas of practice are liquor liability (dramshop), premises liability, residential liability, retail liability, consumer liability, third-party criminal acts and veterinary malpractice. Plunkett Cooney attorneys work closely with their clients to mitigate risk prior to litigation and to provide representation in class actions, alternative dispute resolution hearings and at trial.
Plunkett Cooney represents commercial clients directly and through their insurance providers in both state and federal court. The firm has particular experience and expertise in such industries as retail, manufacturing, commercial and residential property, foodservice and hospitality, manufacturing and health care.
To learn more about the services provided by Plunkett Cooney’s Tort & Litigation Practice Group, click here.