- Posts by Saulius K. MikalonisSenior Attorney
A senior attorney in Plunkett Cooney’s Bloomfield Hills office, Saulius K. Mikalonis leads the firm's Environment, Energy and Resources Law and Cannabis Law industry groups.
Mr. Mikalonis focuses his practice on all aspects of ...
Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency updates COVID-19 guidance for cannabis businesses.
Michigan regulatory agency issues cannabis business requirements to protect employees and customers from COVID-19.
Michigan governor issues an executive order allowing medical and recreational cannabis businesses to remain open as essential services during coronavirus pandemic.
Like other requirements, environmental regulations apply to medicinal and recreational cannabis businesses too.
Officials must read more than “tea leaves” to fully understand how Michigan’s medical and recreational cannabis industries will impact the state’s energy grid.
LARA allows caregivers to provide product to medical cannabis processors and growers, but temporary operations must cease doing business on March 31.
Michigan’s new Gov. Gretchen Whitmer seeks to streamline cannabis business licensing process with creation of new Marijuana Regulatory Agency.
Michigan medical cannabis businesses with pending state business license applications can temporarily reopen under new ruling by regulatory agency.
Unlicensed Michigan cannabis businesses are advised to seek legal counsel to understand potential impact of recent court ruling, new legislation and regulatory enforcement actions that could impact future license approvals.
Unlicensed Michigan cannabis businesses avoid Oct. 31 closure deadline under new court ruling.
Michigan court stays regulatory department's rule regarding unlicensed medical cannabis facilities.
Time is running out for unlicensed medical cannabis facilities operating in Michigan.
State of Michigan extends deadline from June 15 to Sept. 15 for existing cannabis dispensaries to close or risk denial of their medical cannabis business applications.
Following a successful grass roots petition drive, Michigan residents will have an opportunity to vote on Nov. 6 to legalize the recreational use of cannabis.
Applicants seeking Michigan medical cannabis business licenses must provide full disclosure of their criminal past.
Green caution symbol at center of Michigan's new medical cannabis labeling protocol.
Michigan Treasury Department seemingly double-dips cannabis related businesses with new tax rules.
U.S. Attorney General Sessions reneges on promise not to trample states’ rights on cannabis decriminalization.
Michigan medical cannabis board issues Advisory Bulletin that includes possibility of unified operations in one location.
Michigan licensing board seeks to force medical cannabis establishments to close by Dec. 15 before they are eligible to be considered for a state license.
New Michigan medical marijuana legislation requires closer scrutiny of license applicant investors, business owners and managers.
Michigan officials scramble to create regulations for state’s new medical cannabis industry.
Michigan’s new regulatory regime for medicinal cannabis may require strict control and disposition of cannabis wastes.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Regulatory Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Zoning and Planning
- Tax Law
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Public Policy
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Commercial Real Estate
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Banking Law
- Solid Waste
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?
- Biden, Democrats Reject Cannabis Legalization for Party Platform but Back Decriminalization
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Updates COVID-19 Guidance for Cannabis Industry
- Michigan Requires Cannabis Businesses to Operate in Manner That Limits Spread of COVID-19
- Federal COVID-19 aid to Currently ‘Essential but not Eligible’ Cannabis Businesses may be Forthcoming
- Federal Treasury Inspector General Report Indicates Need for More Tax Compliance Efforts, Cannabis Business Guidance
- Michigan Governor Deems Cannabis Businesses as ‘Essential’ During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Simple Rules for Cannabis Possession in Michigan
- 2020 Presidential Election may be Best Chance to win Voter Approval for Local Cannabis Ballot Proposals
- Court Says no tax Deductions for Legally Operating Cannabis Business