Will the federal SAFE Act, which would allow cannabis businesses to access traditional banking services, win Congressional approval before one its biggest supporters leaves office later this year?
Cryptocurrency payment networks could revolutionize cannabis industry and pressure federal government to allow traditional financial institutions to service the market.
With the SAFE Banking Act now pending in Congress, financial institutions would do well to begin considering the necessary due diligence to potentially service the cannabis industry.
- Tax Law
- Business Tax Controversy
- Regulatory Law
- Personal Tax Controversy
- Medical Marijuana
- Banking Law
- Public Policy
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Zoning and Planning
- Municipal Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Solid Waste
- What You Can do Now to Prepare for an IRS Employee Retention Credit Audit
- Understanding the 3 Options for IRS Notice Compliance
- City's Denial of Cannabis Business License Didn't Violate Right to Due Process
- Is Detroit’s Upcoming Cannabis Business Licensing Process a Path Through the Clouds or an Echo of 2021?
- ‘Free the Weed’ – Detroit City Council Approves Long-Awaited Recreational Cannabis Ordinance
- Hope Springs Eternal for the SAFE Banking Act
- Bitcoin’s Lightning Network Offers Promising Alternative for Cannabis Industry’s Banking Needs
- Will SAFE Banking Act Rescue Cannabis Industry From Lack of Access to Financial Services?
- Cannabis Smoke Signals from the United States Supreme Court
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?