Understanding what led a conservative Supreme Court Justice to question the federal government’s need to prohibit the intrastate use or cultivation of cannabis.
Michigan Supreme Court ruling gives municipalities broad latitude to regulate cannabis grow facilities through local zoning laws.
Applicants seeking Michigan medical cannabis business licenses must provide full disclosure of their criminal past.
Michigan Marihuana Licensing Board member suggests proposal to shutter existing medical cannabis dispensaries statewide by Sept. 5.
New Michigan medical marijuana legislation requires closer scrutiny of license applicant investors, business owners and managers.
Michigan officials scramble to create regulations for state’s new medical cannabis industry.
Michigan’s new regulatory regime for medicinal cannabis may require strict control and disposition of cannabis wastes.
- Regulatory Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Banking Law
- Tax Law
- Municipal Law
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Public Policy
- Zoning and Planning
- Commercial Real Estate
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Solid Waste
- City's Denial of Cannabis Business License Didn't Violate Right to Due Process
- Is Detroit’s Upcoming Cannabis Business Licensing Process a Path Through the Clouds or an Echo of 2021?
- ‘Free the Weed’ – Detroit City Council Approves Long-Awaited Recreational Cannabis Ordinance
- Hope Springs Eternal for the SAFE Banking Act
- Bitcoin’s Lightning Network Offers Promising Alternative for Cannabis Industry’s Banking Needs
- Will SAFE Banking Act Rescue Cannabis Industry From Lack of Access to Financial Services?
- Cannabis Smoke Signals from the United States Supreme Court
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?
- Biden, Democrats Reject Cannabis Legalization for Party Platform but Back Decriminalization
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Updates COVID-19 Guidance for Cannabis Industry