Understanding what led a conservative Supreme Court Justice to question the federal government’s need to prohibit the intrastate use or cultivation of cannabis.
Michigan Supreme Court ruling gives municipalities broad latitude to regulate cannabis grow facilities through local zoning laws.
Applicants seeking Michigan medical cannabis business licenses must provide full disclosure of their criminal past.
Michigan Marihuana Licensing Board member suggests proposal to shutter existing medical cannabis dispensaries statewide by Sept. 5.
New Michigan medical marijuana legislation requires closer scrutiny of license applicant investors, business owners and managers.
Michigan officials scramble to create regulations for state’s new medical cannabis industry.
Michigan’s new regulatory regime for medicinal cannabis may require strict control and disposition of cannabis wastes.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Medical Marijuana
- Regulatory Law
- Banking Law
- Tax Law
- Zoning and Planning
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Public Policy
- Commercial Real Estate
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Solid Waste
- Will SAFE Banking Act Rescue Cannabis Industry From Lack of Access to Financial Services?
- Cannabis Smoke Signals from the United States Supreme Court
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?
- Biden, Democrats Reject Cannabis Legalization for Party Platform but Back Decriminalization
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Updates COVID-19 Guidance for Cannabis Industry
- Michigan Requires Cannabis Businesses to Operate in Manner That Limits Spread of COVID-19
- Federal COVID-19 aid to Currently ‘Essential but not Eligible’ Cannabis Businesses may be Forthcoming
- Federal Treasury Inspector General Report Indicates Need for More Tax Compliance Efforts, Cannabis Business Guidance
- Michigan Governor Deems Cannabis Businesses as ‘Essential’ During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Simple Rules for Cannabis Possession in Michigan