Michigan Court of Appeals rules real estate contract illegal, barring recovery by cannabis grower tenant seeking damages for alleged wrongful conduct by defendant landlord.
Illinois’ landmark move clears a path for one of the nation’s largest adult-use cannabis markets, providing huge business opportunities.
With only two weeks left until adjournment, can Illinois legislators get a bill legalizing recreational cannabis across the finish line?
Democrats rally around federal legalization of cannabis with introduction of Marijuana Justice Act and Path to Marijuana Reform.
LARA allows caregivers to provide product to medical cannabis processors and growers, but temporary operations must cease doing business on March 31.
Michigan’s new Gov. Gretchen Whitmer seeks to streamline cannabis business licensing process with creation of new Marijuana Regulatory Agency.
Unlicensed Michigan cannabis businesses avoid Oct. 31 closure deadline under new court ruling.
Michigan court stays regulatory department's rule regarding unlicensed medical cannabis facilities.
Time is running out for unlicensed medical cannabis facilities operating in Michigan.
State of Michigan extends deadline from June 15 to Sept. 15 for existing cannabis dispensaries to close or risk denial of their medical cannabis business applications.
Following a successful grass roots petition drive, Michigan residents will have an opportunity to vote on Nov. 6 to legalize the recreational use of cannabis.
While banks remain on the cannabis industry sideline, a letter to Congress by state attorneys generals could soon change that.
Applicants seeking Michigan medical cannabis business licenses must provide full disclosure of their criminal past.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Illegal Cannabis Business Agreement Prevents Plaintiff’s Recovery Under Contract Terms
- Appellate Court Affirms Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Plan Leasing Property to Cannabis Business
- Assessing Impact of Cannabis Industry on Michigan’s Electric Grid Requires Data, Planning
- Illinois State Legislature First to Legalize Recreational Cannabis Sales
- Illinois Poised to Become 11th State to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- Municipality Can't Deny Rezoning Application Without Logical Reason
- One Nation, With Cannabis and Justice for All
- Illinois Lifts Ban on Industrial Hemp
- State Allows Caregivers to Supply Cannabis While Industry Ramps up
- Michigan Creates New Marijuana Oversight Agency