Rapid industry growth leads U.S. Treasury Inspector General to publish report calling for more tax compliance efforts and additional guidance to cannabis businesses.
Court rules a legally operating cannabis business under California state law is not entitled to any tax deductions.
Illinois’ landmark move clears a path for one of the nation’s largest adult-use cannabis markets, providing huge business opportunities.
A closer look at the tax impact on recreational cannabis sales if Michigan's Prop 1 is approved on Nov. 6.
Michigan Treasury Department seemingly double-dips cannabis related businesses with new tax rules.
- Regulatory Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Banking Law
- Tax Law
- Public Policy
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Zoning and Planning
- Municipal Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Solid Waste
- City's Denial of Cannabis Business License Didn't Violate Right to Due Process
- Is Detroit’s Upcoming Cannabis Business Licensing Process a Path Through the Clouds or an Echo of 2021?
- ‘Free the Weed’ – Detroit City Council Approves Long-Awaited Recreational Cannabis Ordinance
- Hope Springs Eternal for the SAFE Banking Act
- Bitcoin’s Lightning Network Offers Promising Alternative for Cannabis Industry’s Banking Needs
- Will SAFE Banking Act Rescue Cannabis Industry From Lack of Access to Financial Services?
- Cannabis Smoke Signals from the United States Supreme Court
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?
- Biden, Democrats Reject Cannabis Legalization for Party Platform but Back Decriminalization
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Updates COVID-19 Guidance for Cannabis Industry