Earlier today, Michigan Court of Claims Judge Stephen Borrello enjoined the State of Michigan and the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) from enforcing its Oct 31 deadline for presently unlicensed cannabis provisioning centers to cease operations or face enforcement.
This is the second time that Judge Borrello has enjoined LARA, as he earlier rejected a Sept. 15 deadline. The court scheduled a hearing on Nov. 9 to determine if the injunction will be made permanent. But, for meantime, those businesses wishing to continue operating may do so, although there is no guarantee that LARA won't take into consideration continued operation when these businesses eventually appear for their license hearing.
- Senior Attorney
A senior attorney in Plunkett Cooney’s Bloomfield Hills office, Saulius K. Mikalonis leads the firm's Environment, Energy and Resources Law and Cannabis Law industry groups.
Mr. Mikalonis focuses his practice on all aspects of ...
Add a comment
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Tax Law
- Regulatory Law
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Commercial Real Estate
- Medical Marijuana
- Public Policy
- Business Torts
- Zoning and Planning
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Banking Law
- Solid Waste
- 2020 Presidential Election may be Best Chance to win Voter Approval for Local Cannabis Ballot Proposals
- Court Says no tax Deductions for Legally Operating Cannabis Business
- Cannabis Operations Require Compliance With Environmental Regulations, too
- Illegal Cannabis Business Agreement Prevents Plaintiff’s Recovery Under Contract Terms
- Appellate Court Affirms Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Plan Leasing Property to Cannabis Business
- Assessing Impact of Cannabis Industry on Michigan’s Electric Grid Requires Data, Planning
- Illinois State Legislature First to Legalize Recreational Cannabis Sales
- Illinois Poised to Become 11th State to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- Municipality Can't Deny Rezoning Application Without Logical Reason
- One Nation, With Cannabis and Justice for All