LARA allows caregivers to provide product to medical cannabis processors and growers, but temporary operations must cease doing business on March 31.
Michigan’s new Gov. Gretchen Whitmer seeks to streamline cannabis business licensing process with creation of new Marijuana Regulatory Agency.
Paying your cannabis business taxes in cash can become a simpler process with proper planning and coordination with your accountant.
Michigan legislation legalizes use of CBD oil, although it remains a government regulated substance.
Michigan medical cannabis businesses with pending state business license applications can temporarily reopen under new ruling by regulatory agency.
Unlicensed Michigan cannabis businesses are advised to seek legal counsel to understand potential impact of recent court ruling, new legislation and regulatory enforcement actions that could impact future license approvals.
A closer look at the tax impact on recreational cannabis sales if Michigan's Prop 1 is approved on Nov. 6.
Unlicensed Michigan cannabis businesses avoid Oct. 31 closure deadline under new court ruling.
Understanding insurance policy fine print is a must for cannabis businesses seeking product liability coverage for bodily injury claims caused by “adulterated marihuana.”
Canada’s recent move to legalize recreational cannabis could further thaw U.S. attitudes on the issue.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Tax Law
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Regulatory Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Medical Marijuana
- Public Policy
- Business Torts
- Zoning and Planning
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Banking Law
- Solid Waste
- Court Says no tax Deductions for Legally Operating Cannabis Business
- Cannabis Operations Require Compliance With Environmental Regulations, too
- Illegal Cannabis Business Agreement Prevents Plaintiff’s Recovery Under Contract Terms
- Appellate Court Affirms Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Plan Leasing Property to Cannabis Business
- Assessing Impact of Cannabis Industry on Michigan’s Electric Grid Requires Data, Planning
- Illinois State Legislature First to Legalize Recreational Cannabis Sales
- Illinois Poised to Become 11th State to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- Municipality Can't Deny Rezoning Application Without Logical Reason
- One Nation, With Cannabis and Justice for All
- Illinois Lifts Ban on Industrial Hemp