Michigan Supreme Court ruling gives municipalities broad latitude to regulate cannabis grow facilities through local zoning laws.
Biden-Sanders Unity Plan falls short on cannabis agenda, but it’s More than what is available under Trump administration.
Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency updates COVID-19 guidance for cannabis businesses.
Michigan regulatory agency issues cannabis business requirements to protect employees and customers from COVID-19.
While many states consider cannabis businesses essential, they are currently not eligible to receive federal COVID-19 emergency funding. That could soon change.
Rapid industry growth leads U.S. Treasury Inspector General to publish report calling for more tax compliance efforts and additional guidance to cannabis businesses.
Michigan governor issues an executive order allowing medical and recreational cannabis businesses to remain open as essential services during coronavirus pandemic.
No need to be confused about cannabis possession or use in Michigan. We’ve created this simple “Dos and Don’ts” list to guide you.
Repeating election mistakes of the past may doom future efforts by cannabis industry advocates to win voter approvals for local ballot initiatives.
Court rules a legally operating cannabis business under California state law is not entitled to any tax deductions.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Regulatory Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Tax Law
- Zoning and Planning
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Public Policy
- Commercial Real Estate
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Banking Law
- Solid Waste
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?
- Biden, Democrats Reject Cannabis Legalization for Party Platform but Back Decriminalization
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Updates COVID-19 Guidance for Cannabis Industry
- Michigan Requires Cannabis Businesses to Operate in Manner That Limits Spread of COVID-19
- Federal COVID-19 aid to Currently ‘Essential but not Eligible’ Cannabis Businesses may be Forthcoming
- Federal Treasury Inspector General Report Indicates Need for More Tax Compliance Efforts, Cannabis Business Guidance
- Michigan Governor Deems Cannabis Businesses as ‘Essential’ During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Simple Rules for Cannabis Possession in Michigan
- 2020 Presidential Election may be Best Chance to win Voter Approval for Local Cannabis Ballot Proposals
- Court Says no tax Deductions for Legally Operating Cannabis Business