On Sept. 13, the Michigan Court of Claims stayed the state Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs ( LARA) rule with respect to unlicensed facilities that had not submitted their Step 2 application by June 2. The full text of the Court’s ruling follows:
“The Honorable Court orders that the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs is immediately enjoined and restrained, directly and indirectly, from treating temporarily operating medical marihuana businesses differently based on whether the business filed a Step 2 application more than 90 days in the past and that Defendant extend the September 15, 2018, deadline to December 15, 2018, for all temporary operating facilities.”
The ruling was issued in the case Montrowe, LLC v Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (Case # 18-000188-MB).
Please check with your legal counsel to determine what steps you should take next if the rule applies to you and you desire to remain open after Sept. 15.
Add a comment
- Regulatory Law
- Banking Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Municipal Law
- Tax Law
- Zoning and Planning
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Public Policy
- Commercial Real Estate
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Torts
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Solid Waste
- ‘Free the Weed’ – Detroit City Council Approves Long-Awaited Recreational Cannabis Ordinance
- Hope Springs Eternal for the SAFE Banking Act
- Bitcoin’s Lightning Network Offers Promising Alternative for Cannabis Industry’s Banking Needs
- Will SAFE Banking Act Rescue Cannabis Industry From Lack of Access to Financial Services?
- Cannabis Smoke Signals from the United States Supreme Court
- Can Zoning Ordinances Stunt Cannabis Growth?
- Biden, Democrats Reject Cannabis Legalization for Party Platform but Back Decriminalization
- Michigan Regulatory Agency Updates COVID-19 Guidance for Cannabis Industry
- Michigan Requires Cannabis Businesses to Operate in Manner That Limits Spread of COVID-19
- Federal COVID-19 aid to Currently ‘Essential but not Eligible’ Cannabis Businesses may be Forthcoming