Appellate Attorney - Bloomfield Hills, MI
Position: Appellate Attorney
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Plunkett Cooney, one of the largest and most accomplished law firms in the Midwest, is seeking an attorney to join the firm’s appellate law practice group. The firm’s appellate lawyers concentrate their practices in state and federal appellate courts. They also engage in trial support lending research skills and writing to help the firm’s trial lawyers with needed research and major motions.
To be considered, candidates must have:
- 1-4 years of experience as an appellate attorney
- Former appellate clerkship desirable
- Excellent research, legal brief writing, and communication skills
- Comfort level with learning new computer software
- J.D. from an ABA-approved law school
- A membership in good standing and active in the Michigan Bar or ability to become licensed
- Law review experience and high academic achievement is desirable
- Ability to work on a team and be responsive to other lawyers and clients
- Willingness to work hard, often on short deadlines, and open to learn from appellate lawyers with extensive experience
We are seeking a well-rounded, dynamic, highly motivated lawyer, who has demonstrated an ability to compete and prosper in highly competitive and complex environments, with significant client contact. Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. Flexible work arrangements, including remote work options, are welcome.
Please follow https://plunkettcooney.isolvedhire.com/jobs/ to submit resume and writing sample.