Environmental Attorney - Michigan
Position: Environmental Attorney
Plunkett Cooney, one of the largest and most accomplished law firms in the Midwest, is seeking an environmental attorney to join our firm. This attorney will assist with regulatory and litigation matters under federal and state of Michigan statutes.
The preferred candidate will be an experienced and versatile attorney with a client-centric philosophy and a demonstrated ability to work and prosper in complex environments.
To be considered, candidates must have:
- Ideal candidates will be an associate or lateral with several years of environmental law experience and in good standing to practice law in the state of Michigan. A transferable book of business (partial or full) is not necessary but would be considered positively
- Experience handling federal and state environmental claims
- Experience with Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy, Michigan Public Service Commission, Environmental Protection Agency, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Experience in all aspects of litigation, including drafting pleadings, taking depositions, preparing discovery, responding to discovery, and drafting and arguing motions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow client relationships
- Strong analytical, writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- A good standing status and active membership in the State Bar of Michigan
This position offers a flexible remote work option as well as a comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and writing sample to https://plunkettcooney.isolvedhire.com/jobs/