Posts in Real Estate.
Shadow of COVID-19 continues to loom over real estate markets, leaving lenders, property owners and landlords in difficult position.
As the COVID-19 pandemic rages, Michigan’s real estate industry braces for a potential wave of foreclosures and evictions.
Applying lessons learned from the 2008 economic crash, mortgagees may want to consider challenging property tax assessments during pandemic crisis to protect the value of their collateral.
It can be a real nuisance for lawyers and non-lawyers to get this aspect of the law wrong.
Integration clauses cannot typically be used to defend against fraud in the inducement claims to invalidate a contract.
- Commercial Liability
- Business Risk Management
- Business Torts
- Civil Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Leasing
- Trade Secrets
- Litigation Discovery
- Corporate Formation
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Commercial Loans
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Regulatory Law
- Shareholder Liability
- Risk Management
- Fraud Activity
- Cyber Attack
- Tax Law
- Damages Recovery
- Class Action
- Product Liability
- Biometric Data
- Banking Law
- Statute of Limitations
- Noncompete Agreements
- Internet Law
- Consumer Protection
- Residential Liability
- Zoning and Planning
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Unfair Competition
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- What Happens When a Court Rules Your Contract is Ambiguous?
- Understanding Michigan’s Successor Liability Law can Protect Your Business Deal
- 10 Things About Trade Secrets you may not but Should Probably Know
- What New Lawyers Bring to the Practice of Law
- What Rights do Limited Liability Company Minority Members Really Have?
- Arbitration or the Courtroom, Who Decides?
- Wait, I Have to Pay my Own Attorney? But I Won the Case?
- Preliminary Injunctions in Michigan, the More They Change the More They Stay the Same
- President Biden Signs Cryptocurrency Executive Order Establishing Whole-of-Government Approach to Regulating Digital Assets Industry
- My 5 Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic