Like other requirements, environmental regulations apply to medicinal and recreational cannabis businesses too.
Moving on all fronts, Trump administration has several ways to affect environmental regulations and policy.
Michigan just made it easier for owners and operators of underground storage tanks to demonstrate financial assurance and obtain cash for closing leaking tanks.
Federal legislators try to insert weaker ballast discharge regulations into defense budget, which may pave the way for more invasive species in the Great Lakes.
Michigan's Legislators should consider the increasingly positive business case for supporting the state's Renewable Portfolio Standard before acting to roll it back or eliminate it outright.
Federal appellate court blocks EPA’s rule defining “Waters of the United States” for the purposes of the Clean Water Act.
Changes in Michigan net metering laws should be based on actual data, not conjecture.
Court requires MSPC to reconsider its decision permitting a gas pipeline and to comply with the Michigan Environmental Protection Act.
Veterans are often exposed to hazardous materials during their service; here’s what is being done to help them.
Local communities are responding to fracking by attempting to restrict the practice through the passage of ordinances, with inconsistent results.
Michigan bills allow reuse of byproducts from incinerated coal and municipal waste in landfills, fertilizer, building materials, among other uses
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Environmental Regulation
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Great Lakes
- Clean Air
- Clean Water
- Renewable Energy
- Public Policy
- Regulatory Law
- Waste Water
- Greenhouse Gases
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Solar Energy
- Hazardous Materials
- Climate Change
- Oil & Gas
- Solid Waste
- Natural Gas
- Zoning and Planning
- Commercial Liability
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Lead-based Paint
- Invasive Species
- Shareholder Liability
- Michigan Environmental Protection Act
- Land Use
- Real Estate
- Amid Increasing Water Levels, EGLE Pushes to Minimize Discharges Into Lakes, Rivers
- Cannabis Operations Require Compliance With Environmental Regulations, too
- Assessing Impact of Michigan’s Cannabis Industry on State’s Electric Grid Requires Data, Planning
- New Administration Moves Quickly on Environmental Front
- New Administration Delays Sewage Overflow Rule for More Study
- Michigan Lawmakers Ease Access to Underground Storage Tank Clean-up Funds
- Renewable Energy Poised to Thrive Under any White House
- HUD Proposes New Lead-based Paint Rule to Protect Kids
- EPA Turns to Mandatory Victim's Restitution Act to Recover Costs
- Great Lakes Compact Worked as Designed in Diversion Approval