Underground storage tank owners and operators can apply for funds to help pay cleanup costs for release of materials into environment.
The corporate liability shield may not protect individual shareholders, owners or executives in certain environmental exposure situations.
Detroit regional water system deal punctuates the need for regional cooperation and infrastructure investment, here and across the United States.
Michigan Court of Appeals upholds substantial civil penalty award against owner and operators of leaking underground storage tanks for failure to complete closure activities.
While the Supreme Court trimmed a little of EPA’s ability to regulate greenhouse gas emissions from stationary sources, it left in place EPA’s authority to do so.
Michigan bills allow reuse of byproducts from incinerated coal and municipal waste in landfills, fertilizer, building materials, among other uses
State statutes of repose can bar environmental tort claims from proceeding even if contamination goes undiscovered for decades.
While the federal Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Code allows for such well known measures as payment of creditors on a priority basis, it also addresses other obligations, including the payment of environmental costs incurred while the entity proceeds through bankruptcy.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Environmental Regulation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Clean Air
- Clean Water
- Environmental Legislation
- Renewable Energy
- Public Policy
- Environmental Liability
- Waste Water
- Greenhouse Gases
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Solar Energy
- Hazardous Materials
- Climate Change
- Great Lakes
- Oil & Gas
- Solid Waste
- Natural Gas
- Zoning and Planning
- Commercial Liability
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Lead-based Paint
- Invasive Species
- Shareholder Liability
- Michigan Environmental Protection Act
- Land Use
- Real Estate
- New Administration Moves Quickly on Environmental Front
- New Administration Delays Sewage Overflow Rule for More Study
- Michigan Lawmakers Ease Access to Underground Storage Tank Clean-up Funds
- Renewable Energy Poised to Thrive Under any White House
- HUD Proposes New Lead-based Paint Rule to Protect Kids
- EPA Turns to Mandatory Victim's Restitution Act to Recover Costs
- Great Lakes Compact Worked as Designed in Diversion Approval
- Ballast Water Bill at Risk of Becoming Law Without Debate
- New Michigan Policies Make Energy Efficiency a Priority
- EPA Issues New Regulations Governing Air Emissions Generated by Oil, Gas Activities