State of Michigan requests holders of National Pollution Discharge Elimination System permits to conduct "vulnerability analysis" to minimize impact on Great Lakes water levels.
Like other requirements, environmental regulations apply to medicinal and recreational cannabis businesses too.
Officials must read more than “tea leaves” to fully understand how Michigan’s medical and recreational cannabis industries will impact the state’s energy grid.
Moving on all fronts, Trump administration has several ways to affect environmental regulations and policy.
A proposed rule governing uncontrolled discharges of raw sewage into surface waters waits review by the new administration.
Michigan just made it easier for owners and operators of underground storage tanks to demonstrate financial assurance and obtain cash for closing leaking tanks.
There is likely little a Trump administration could do to stem the growth of renewable forms of energy.
HUD proposes new lead paint rule that reduces exposure levels significantly, affecting building owners of target housing.
EPA uses victim restitution statute to recover its costs for responding to massive asbestos release.
Great Lakes water diversion to Wisconsin city outside the Great Lakes Basin supported by science and the Great Lakes Compact.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Environmental Regulation
- Environmental Liability
- Environmental Legislation
- Great Lakes
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Clean Air
- Clean Water
- Regulatory Law
- Renewable Energy
- Public Policy
- Waste Water
- Greenhouse Gases
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Solar Energy
- Hazardous Materials
- Climate Change
- Oil & Gas
- Solid Waste
- Natural Gas
- Zoning and Planning
- Commercial Liability
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Lead-based Paint
- Invasive Species
- Shareholder Liability
- Michigan Environmental Protection Act
- Land Use
- Real Estate
- Amid Increasing Water Levels, EGLE Pushes to Minimize Discharges Into Lakes, Rivers
- Cannabis Operations Require Compliance With Environmental Regulations, too
- Assessing Impact of Michigan’s Cannabis Industry on State’s Electric Grid Requires Data, Planning
- New Administration Moves Quickly on Environmental Front
- New Administration Delays Sewage Overflow Rule for More Study
- Michigan Lawmakers Ease Access to Underground Storage Tank Clean-up Funds
- Renewable Energy Poised to Thrive Under any White House
- HUD Proposes New Lead-based Paint Rule to Protect Kids
- EPA Turns to Mandatory Victim's Restitution Act to Recover Costs
- Great Lakes Compact Worked as Designed in Diversion Approval