Potential buyers of previously foreclosed property in Illinois are advised to proceed with caution due to ongoing and widespread extortion schemes involving jurisdictional defects in the underlying foreclosure.
Court rules rent payments are not necessarily cash collateral a debtor can use in bankruptcy.
When seller’s escrow proceeds disappear from phishing, hacking or some other form of cyber fraud, here’s what your business needs to do immediately to respond.
SNDA clauses and the basics of subordination and non-disturbance agreements in commercial real estate.
It’s black and white, really… name, gender and other changes must be recorded whenever real property transfers hands.
Ohio appellate court rules intent to purchase letters can bind parties to sale terms in Ohio real estate deals.
Following this appellate court ruling, the Ohio Legislature need not create new legislation regarding constructive notice and missing legal description on mortgage.
Ohio Supreme Court ruling reaffirms state's constructive notice, execution requirements for recorded mortgages.
Don’t assume that the lack of notarization will always block the enforcement of a commercial real estate lease.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Title Insurance
- Commercial Loans
- Business Risk Management
- Commercial Liability
- Commercial Leasing
- Fraud Activity
- Residential Liability
- Cyber Attack
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Letter of Intent
- Construction Liens
- Mineral Rights
- The Emerging Landlord and Cannabis Tenant Relationship – A Starting Point for Michigan Landlords
- Enforcing an Unsigned Guaranty – the Leading Object Rule
- Title Curative Treatment Tops Firm’s List of FAQs
- The Text That Did Not Bark
- Does a Borrower’s Spouse Need to Sign a Commercial Mortgage in Ohio?
- Proceed With Caution When Considering CMBS Loans
- Delinquent Taxpayer Beware: A Deal May Not Be A Deal
- Could Time-Barred Debts Secured by Mortgages Rise from the Grave?
- 3 Tax Traps to Avoid When Buying Commercial Property
- 7 Things to Check Before Listing with AIRBNB