“Keeping it Real.” Of course, it’s a bit of a slang saying, but when it comes to securing marketable title for real estate, one must certainly be pragmatic and proactive in order to get the job done. That’s where the Keeping it Real, as in real estate, blog comes in!
This blog is intended to benefit real estate professionals, lenders, title insurance agents and underwriters, property managers, business owners and individuals dealing with real property issues. Topics will include new and changing legislation, court decisions of significance and real estate industry news, including trends and analysis from the legal perspective.
Please note that this blog is not intended to provide legal advice, and the discussions contained herein should not be applied to any fact-specific situation. Always consult an attorney directly to address any specific legal questions or needs you may have.
Meet the Editors
Keeping it Real is published by the members of Plunkett Cooney’s Real Estate Litigation and Title Insurance Practice Group and is edited by partner David Van Slyke and senior attorney Rhonda Stowers.
David is the Co-leader of the firm's Real Estate Litigation and Title Insurance Practice Group. He has nearly 20 years of experience handling real estate matters in the states of Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan and West Virginia. David is a contributing editor to “Baldwin’s Ohio Practice, Ohio Real Estate Law.” His clients include mortgage-brokers/originators, real estate sellers and/or purchasers, loan servicers and some of the nation's leading title insurance providers.
Rhonda represents homeowners, lenders and mortgagors in real estate litigation involving such title-related claims as vesting, title-clearing and access, and boundary disputes. She also has expertise in the areas of judicial foreclosures and foreclosures by advertisement, deed drafting and enforcement, and residential leases.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Commercial Loans
- Title Insurance
- Business Risk Management
- Commercial Liability
- Commercial Leasing
- Fraud Activity
- Residential Liability
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Cyber Attack
- Letter of Intent
- Construction Liens
- Mineral Rights
- Murky Days Ahead for Real Estate, Title Insurance Industries During COVID-19 Era
- Redemption is Redemption is Redemption
- The Emerging Landlord and Cannabis Tenant Relationship – A Starting Point for Michigan Landlords
- Enforcing an Unsigned Guaranty – the Leading Object Rule
- Title Curative Treatment Tops Firm’s List of FAQs
- The Text That Did Not Bark
- Does a Borrower’s Spouse Need to Sign a Commercial Mortgage in Ohio?
- Proceed With Caution When Considering CMBS Loans
- Delinquent Taxpayer Beware: A Deal May Not Be A Deal
- Could Time-Barred Debts Secured by Mortgages Rise from the Grave?