Based on frequency of client inquiries, firm to focus on title curative issues related to Michigan real estate.
Potential buyers of previously foreclosed property in Illinois are advised to proceed with caution due to ongoing and widespread extortion schemes involving jurisdictional defects in the underlying foreclosure.
When seller’s escrow proceeds disappear from phishing, hacking or some other form of cyber fraud, here’s what your business needs to do immediately to respond.
It’s black and white, really… name, gender and other changes must be recorded whenever real property transfers hands.
Following this appellate court ruling, the Ohio Legislature need not create new legislation regarding constructive notice and missing legal description on mortgage.
Ohio Supreme Court ruling reaffirms state's constructive notice, execution requirements for recorded mortgages.
Ohio Eighth District Court of Appeals holds that an assignee of a residential mortgage loan can be liable under Ohio’s Consumer Sales Practices Act.
Ohio title agents dealing with mobile homes must take into consideration whether they are “affixed” to real property prior to surrendering title.
Court sides with title examiner who refused to show a mortgage with a faulty legal description on his title report.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Real Estate
- Commercial Loans
- Business Risk Management
- Commercial Liability
- Title Insurance
- Commercial Leasing
- Fraud Activity
- Residential Liability
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Cyber Attack
- Letter of Intent
- Construction Liens
- Mineral Rights
- Redemption is Redemption is Redemption
- The Emerging Landlord and Cannabis Tenant Relationship – A Starting Point for Michigan Landlords
- Enforcing an Unsigned Guaranty – the Leading Object Rule
- Title Curative Treatment Tops Firm’s List of FAQs
- The Text That Did Not Bark
- Does a Borrower’s Spouse Need to Sign a Commercial Mortgage in Ohio?
- Proceed With Caution When Considering CMBS Loans
- Delinquent Taxpayer Beware: A Deal May Not Be A Deal
- Could Time-Barred Debts Secured by Mortgages Rise from the Grave?
- 3 Tax Traps to Avoid When Buying Commercial Property