Successfully leasing real estate to cannabis businesses starts with an understanding of this evolving new industry in Michigan.
Ohio Court of Appeals cites “leading object rule” in reversing trial court’s decision in case involving unsigned contract.
Based on frequency of client inquiries, firm to focus on title curative issues related to Michigan real estate.
Creating a failure to pay record can help prove your case when the other party reneges in a real estate transaction.
Out-of-state lenders must consider the dower rights of a borrower’s spouse when participating in Ohio real property transactions.
CMBS loans are still popular sources of financing for commercial real estate investors despite their challenges.
Without this type of agreement, even the late great Monty Hall wouldn’t be able to make a deal to keep the county from selling your property for back taxes.
Like a horror movie scene, this Ohio Supreme Court ruling could “resurrect from the dead” time-barred debts secured by mortgages.
Perform your due diligence before purchasing commercial property to avoid these three tax traps.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Mortgages
- Title Insurance
- Commercial Loans
- Business Risk Management
- Commercial Liability
- Commercial Leasing
- Fraud Activity
- Residential Liability
- Cyber Attack
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Letter of Intent
- Construction Liens
- Mineral Rights
- The Emerging Landlord and Cannabis Tenant Relationship – A Starting Point for Michigan Landlords
- Enforcing an Unsigned Guaranty – the Leading Object Rule
- Title Curative Treatment Tops Firm’s List of FAQs
- The Text That Did Not Bark
- Does a Borrower’s Spouse Need to Sign a Commercial Mortgage in Ohio?
- Proceed With Caution When Considering CMBS Loans
- Delinquent Taxpayer Beware: A Deal May Not Be A Deal
- Could Time-Barred Debts Secured by Mortgages Rise from the Grave?
- 3 Tax Traps to Avoid When Buying Commercial Property
- 7 Things to Check Before Listing with AIRBNB