Joseph A. Campbell
- Licensed Since: 2011
- Joined Firm: 2016
Detroit, MI 48226
Areas of Practice
- Birth Trauma Litigation
- Extended Care Facilities
- Medical Litigation
- Medical Rapid Response Team
- Motor Vehicle - No-Fault
- Motor Vehicle Negligence
- Sexual Assault Allegations
- State Medical Investigations
Honors & Awards
- Michigan Rising Star in Personal Injury Medical Malpractice Defense, Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters publication, 2017 – 2018
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Colorado, B.A., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2011
Joseph A. Campbell, who is member of the firm’s Detroit office, focuses his practice in the areas of medical malpractice liability defense and motor vehicle negligence.
Mr. Campbell represents physicians, health systems and hospitals in healthcare litigation and claims of alleged professional liability. He also has experience representing health facilities and professional practices in matters involving healthcare business transactions and contracts, compliance and fraud, HIPAA compliance, licensing and accreditation, as well as Medicare, Medicaid and third-party reimbursement.
Mr. Campbell's experience in transportation law includes the representation of insured policyholders of some of the nation’s leading auto insurance providers, most often in matters involving claims of first- and third-party liability and uninsured and underinsured motorist claims. He also handles and resolves cases of alleged fraud and suspicious claims involving insureds and medical providers.
In addition, Mr. Campbell has handled matters pertaining to governmental law, public affairs, public utilities law, premises liability and ski-area liability.
Representative Client Work
- Obtained early dismissals of several cases involving medical professionals that were improperly filed as ordinary negligence claims
- Assisted in obtaining successful result in wrongful death medical malpractice case where the decedent received unnecessary surgery after another patient's radiology study was mistakenly attributed to the decedent
- Assisted in defending to no cause of action a wrongful death medical malpractice suit that was filed against an anesthesiologist for alleged failure to appropriately manage a patient who was prescribed an intrathecal pain pump
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan (Healthcare Law and Negligence Law sections)
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar
- University of Colorado Alumni Association, Member