Alexander R. Baum
- Licensed Since: 2012
- Joined Firm: 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Areas of Practice
Honors & Awards
- Michigan Rising Star in Professional Liability Defense, Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters publication, 2017 - 2018
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2012
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 2012
Alexander R. Baum is a member of the firm's Transportation Law Practice Group. Mr. Baum focuses his practice on insurance-related work involving catastrophic injuries, specifically those involving no-fault law and motor vehicle negligence.
Mr. Baum serves as approved panel counsel to numerous insurance providers. Many of his cases involve complex and catastrophic motor vehicle claims.
Admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Michigan, Mr. Baum received his law degree from Wayne State University School of Law in 2012. While there, he was a member of the schools moot court team. He earned his undergraduate degree, with honors, from Michigan State University in 2009.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully argued a motion for summary disposition on a catastrophic claim, resulting in the dismissal of over $500,000 in claims for no-fault benefits alleged by claimant and multiple medical providers
- Successfully argued at trial against introduction of evidence of bodily injury alleged by an injured claimant, which resulted in involuntary dismissal of the case
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- State Bar of Michigan