James A. Larson
- Licensed Since: 1987
- Joined Firm: 2017
- Partner Since: 2017
Chicago, IL 60601
Areas of Practice
- Banking, Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Litigation and Title Insurance Law
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 1987
- Iowa State University, B.A., 1982
Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois, 1987
- Wisconsin, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1987
- U.S. District County, Central District of Illinois, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1988
A partner in Plunkett Cooney's Chicago office, James A. Larson serves as Co-Leader of Plunkett Cooney's Real Estate Litigation and Title Insurance Practice Group. He is an accomplished real estate and commercial litigation attorney whose practice extends throughout much of the state of Illinois.
Mr. Larson focuses his real estate practice in the areas of property development, sales/acquisitions, leasing, title insurance defense and other real estate litigation. He also maintains an extensive lender services practice focused on foreclosures, evictions, REO closings, bankruptcy, lender liability and real litigation involving municipalities.
A sought-after speaker on his various areas of expertise, Mr. Larson is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Land Title Association and the American Land Title Association.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully defended a lender in a matter before the Illinois Supreme Court which involved an issue of first impression in the state. Namely, whether a lender and borrower may reach a post-foreclosure payoff agreement that affects the rights of a third-party sale purchaser. The Supreme Court unanimously reversed the lower court's decision that was adverse to the interests the client.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Land Title Association
- Illinois Land Title Association
- Wisconsin Land Title Association