Stacy L. Kelly
- Licensed Since: 2017
- Joined Firm: 2018
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Areas of Practice
Honors & Awards
- The James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society
- UNC Law Dean’s Fellow
- UNC Law Leadership Fellow
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, M.S., 2004
- Wartburg College (Waverly, IA), B.A., 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 2017
- Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2018
An associate in the firm's Bloomfield Hills office, Stacy L. Kelly focuses her practice in the area of labor and employment law with a particular emphasis on educational settings.
An attorney with 12 years of experience working in higher education administration on various-size campuses with university systems and athletics conference offices, Ms. Kelly has extensive experience with educational policy and NCAA Division I, II and III rules compliance. She provides counsel on the investigation and adjudication of student and employee conduct matters, compliance audits and rules education programs.
Ms. Kelly also assists with interpreting state policies and federal regulations, such as Title IX, Clery Act, Violence Against Women Act and Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act reporting requirements. She previously served on the NCAA Eligibility Center Advisory Committee and traveled nationally as a facilitator with the NCAA Leadership Development program.
Licensed to practice law in Michigan and North Carolina, Ms. Kelly has employment law litigation experience with discrimination, retaliation and civil rights claims brought under state and federal statutes.
Representative Client Work
- Evaluates clients’ compliance with federal Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA and EADA reporting requirements
- Counsels clients on policy development, while taking into account FERPA protections and public records requirements
- Advises clients on hiring, firing, employee investigations and discipline
- Facilitates NCAA rules and Title IX investigations, as well as education and training programs
- Defends charges filed against employers asserting violations of federal and state employment statutes, including Title VII, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, ELCRA, PWDCRA and whistleblower protections
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan