- Licensed Since: 2006
- Joined Firm: 2018
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Areas of Practice
Honors & Awards
- Top Metro Detroit Attorney, DBusiness Magazine, 2012 - 2016
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2006
- Michigan State University, B.S., 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 2006
- Michigan, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2009
- Federal Middle District Court, Florida, 2006
Adel Fakhouri is the Co-leader of Plunkett Cooney's Transactional Law Practice Group. A member of the Bloomfield Hills office, he focuses his practice in the areas of business law, cannabis law and real estate.
For over 12 years, Mr. Fakhouri has represented clients in matters involving finance law, mergers and acquisitions, contract drafting (including purchase/supply, OEM, marketing, employee, non circumvention non disclosure agreements /confidentiality, licensing, joint-venture and more), negotiation and corporate governance, leasing, real estate acquisition and civil litigation.
Mr. Fakhouri’s industry experience ranges from entrepreneurial start-ups to small and mid-size companies. His clients include franchises, private equity groups, technology and web-based service providers, manufacturers and distributors, real estate investors, physicians, retailers and oil/gas operators.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully structured regional luxury commercial airline company in Kuwait. This included negotiating air traffic rights, overseeing (from as corporate counsel) the construction of a new terminal for the Kuwait Airport and successfully obtaining the airline’s first fleet of 10- A323 airbus planes.
- Successfully assisted with the closing, financing and subsequent real estate transactions of a live performance venue. Work conducted included acquiring the property, obtaining and securing financing and all related review and revisions of mortgage documents, drafting entity lease, procuring various third-party contractors for property improvements, attending city zoning board meetings concerning signage and patio matters.
- Successfully handled construction endeavors for 106-room hotel located in Novi, Michigan. Assisted with obtaining the "Flagged Branding” and construction financing. Additional work included franchising and labor and employment matters.
- Assisted in financing endeavors for prominent hotel franchisee. Instructed and oversaw ADA compliance and franchise matters. Successfully negotiated, drafted and executed the master management agreement and reviewed some of its labor and employment matters.
- Successfully assisted a multi-tenant shopping center that required multiple leases for franchise and “anchor” tenants, including Starbucks, Meijer and Subway. This included various complexities involving the “outpads” of the development and a retention pond.
- Assisted commercial office building client in retaining property through a commercial workout. Successfully negotiated and secured the property through a “discounted payoff” of the original note. Subsequent to the commercial workout, a contract dispute arose against the previous general contractor for faulty construction. Through the ensuing litigation, a settlement was secured in an amount that covered the client’s damages.
- Represented a client in multiple real estate and business transactions, including representation in disputes arising from the DEQ for the replacement of underground storage tanks. In addition, 14 acres of vacant land were partitioned and a separating zoning category was obtained to allow for a separate and distinct property development.
- Oversaw all legal aspects of the acquisition of a multi-tenant office building. Conducted all necessary due diligence, including the review of existing leases, title work and construction for an urgent care facility that operated approximately 50 percent of the total rent space.
- Oversaw all aspects of the purchase and sale of a 40,000 square foot multi-unit mixed office building in downtown Dearborn. This project involved complex negotiations between the buyers, sellers, and some of the major tenants in the building. Disputes arose and were resolved with repairs, as well as unfinished construction and purchase terms. In addition to the existing issues between the buyers/sellers, financing was required. Assisted in the procurement of the financing, including drafting letters of intent, use of funds and title work.
- Michigan Real Estate license
- Series 6 and 7 Brokerage license
- Chaldean American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Florida
- State Bar of Michigan
- Aramaic Broadcasting Network (Television) (Board member)
- Advantage Wireless Marketing Services, Inc. (Executive)
- Homeless Outreach - Brightmoor Christian Church – Detroit (2014 – present)
- Delta Kappa Epsilon (Chair, 1999-2001)