Matthew J. High
- Licensed Since: 2018
- Joined Firm: 2018
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Areas of Practice
Honors & Awards
- Patrick A. Keenan Moot Court Competition, Second Place Oralist
- G. Mennen Williams Moot Court Competition, Pass with Distinction
- Book Award, Trial Practice
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Western Michigan University, B.A., 2015
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 2018
Matthew J. High is a member of the firm's Torts & Litigation and Labor & Employment Law practice groups.
Mr. High represents clients directly and through their insurance providers in litigation involving premises liability, employment law and general negligence. He handles matters that include allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment, breach of contract and civil rights claims brought under state and federal statutes.
An associate in the Bloomfield Hills office, Mr. High also has experience handling municipal law matters, including zoning issues, telecommunications matters, charter revisions and annexations issues on behalf of municipalities.
Mr. High received his law degree from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2018. While there, he worked as a student attorney with the State Appellate Defenders Office Criminal Advocacy Clinic. He also served as a summer intern for a Fortune 100 Company. He received his undergraduate degree from Western Michigan University in 2015.
- D Augustus Straker Bar Association
- Wolverine Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association (Employment Law Committee)
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel Association
- State Bar of Michigan (Negligence Law, Labor & Employment Law sections)
- Midnight Golf Program, Exodus Food Pantry