John Wm. Martin, Jr.
- Licensed: 1989
- Joined Firm: 1989
- Partner Since: 1998
Detroit, MI 48226
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights
- Governmental Law
- Direct Representation of Municipalities
- Transportation Law
- Trucking Liability
- Torts & Litigation
- Liquor Liability
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1989
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1979
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1989
John Wm. Martin, Jr. joined Plunkett Cooney in 1989 and became a partner of the firm in 1997. Mr. Martin concentrates his practice in the areas of trucking and transportation liability, civil rights, municipal law and general liability.
Mr. Martin is a senior litigator in the firm's Detroit office who has successfully defended numerous complex and high exposure matters on behalf of trucking and logistics companies, as well as their insurance providers. His transportation practice typically involves claims of property damage, personal injury or death.
Mr. Martin is a member of several professional organizations, including the Trucking Industry Defense Association. In addition, he provides seminars to industry organizations and clients on a range of legal matters, including topics related to trucking and transportation liability.
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Corporate Counsel, City of Taylor
- Former City Attorney, City of Milan
- Assistant City Attorney, City of Northville
OTHER MEMBERSHIPS (Past and Present)
- Member, Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 123 (1978 - present)
- MELL Substance Abuse Program