The Professional Liability Practice Group handles especially sensitive matters that arise from claims made against individuals who provide a professional service. These individuals can include elected officials as well as professionals in private business.
Among the group’s clients are attorneys, accountants, insurance brokers and agents, real estate brokers and agents, securities brokers, investment advisors, corporate officers and directors, notaries public, and other non-medical professionals.
In addition to defending claims, the members of the Professional Liability Practice Group represent professionals in licensing and regulation matters that arise both independently and attendant to claims.
Plunkett Cooney’s attorneys have earned a reputation for closely guarding the confidence of the professionals they represent, while still conducting an aggressive defense. Although our attorneys have considerable trial experience, they are also known for their ability to resolve claims before they reach open court.
Members of the Professional Liability Practice Group also assist their clients in identifying potential areas of liability and addressing those areas in order to minimize legal exposure. Working directly and through insurance company representatives, our attorneys assist with loss prevention, claim repair, and they present in-house seminars to various professional groups on avoiding situations that can lead to malpractice claims. Risk management services include representation at depositions and assistance with subpoena response.
Group members have served on state licensing boards and they frequently appear as speakers at continuing education seminars for professional associations, in addition to authoring articles and other publications of interest to the professional communities.
- Plunkett Cooney announces board election results
- DBusiness names Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Top Lawyers
- Ohio Diversity Council honors Plunkett Cooney partner Corl
- Plunkett Cooney named among ‘Best Law Firms’ In America
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among legal industry ‘Rising Stars’
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Michigan ‘Super Lawyers’
- Vincent elected Plunkett Cooney’s new President & CEO
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2018 ‘Best Lawyers in America’
- Plunkett Cooney elects officers to lead board of directors