To learn more about the issues involved in this practice area, visit and subscribe to Plunkett Cooney's Keeping It Real blog.
- Banking, Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Law
- Business Enterprises Law
- Environmental Law
- Healthcare Law
Practice Group Leader(s)
View Practice Group Members
Plunkett Cooney offers a complete range of legal services in the area of real estate law, including purchases, sales, leasing, land development (commercial, residential and mixed use) and the financing transactions associated with such matters.
Our real estate attorneys have extensive experience in the review of title insurance policies and regularly assist their transactional clients with investigating and resolving issues involving title and construction defects, zoning and other land use restrictions, engineering, survey and architectural requirements and environmental concerns. They prepare and review all necessary documents, including purchase and sales agreements, leases, land contracts, closing statements and loan documents, ensure the proper recording of title documents and obtain discharges of tax, construction and other liens.
Plunkett Cooney offers condominium developers, associations and owners the assistance of knowledgeable attorneys who possess extensive experience in condominium development, sales and operations, as well as the administration of related nonprofit corporations.
At Plunkett Cooney, our attorneys are always mindful that our clients' goal is to promptly complete a proposed transaction on favorable terms. Our attorneys assist clients to achieve their objective, while ensuring that their legitimate interests are protected.
- DBusiness names Plunkett Cooney attorneys among Top Lawyers
- Plunkett Cooney attorney Van Slyke among Ohio ‘Rising Stars’
- Plunkett Cooney named among ‘Best Law Firms’ In America
- AG's office appoints Donovan Macomb County Public Administrator
- Plunkett Cooney expands Chicago office with addition of two firms
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2018 ‘Best Lawyers in America’
- Joint Tenancy v. JTWROS: the Label Matters
- Ask The Expert- Be Careful with E-Mail and Voice Mail
- Commercial Property owners must act now on decreasing assessments to cut tax bill
Recent Blog Posts
- Title Curative Treatment Tops Firm’s List of FAQs
- The Text That Did Not Bark
- Does a Borrower’s Spouse Need to Sign a Commercial Mortgage in Ohio?
- Delinquent Taxpayer Beware: A Deal May Not Be A Deal
- Could Time-Barred Debts Secured by Mortgages Rise from the Grave?
- 3 Tax Traps to Avoid When Buying Commercial Property
- 7 Things to Check Before Listing with AIRBNB
- Buyers Beware When it Comes to Foreclosed Property in Illinois!