Plunkett Cooney provides direct representation to numerous municipalities throughout the State of Michigan. Our attorneys consult with municipalities on a daily basis. These include issues that arise daily and those they might only come up once in a generation. Regardless of the complexity or novelty of the issue, Plunkett Cooney has the expertise to provide the correct answer and advice.
Plunkett Cooney attorneys represent municipalities every day in criminal prosecutions and ordinance enforcement, acting as the prosecuting attorney for the city, village or township. Our attorneys attend regular council and board meetings to provide advice on procedural matters and substantive legal issues.
Plunkett Cooney attorneys have the experience and expertise to assist municipal clients in meeting their legal obligations and in avoiding mistakes that could result in costly litigation. The firm takes pride on being the leader in municipal law in the State of Michigan and in providing its expertise to assist its municipal clients in meeting the needs of their citizens.
- Meyer joins Plunkett Cooney’s governmental law group
- Business Publication Names Plunkett Cooney ‘Law Firm of the Year’
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2019 'Best Lawyers in America'
- Don’t Drone On: A Synopsis of Federal And State Law On Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- The Ter Beek Decision: An Ordinance Banning Medical Marihuana Goes Up in Smoke
- User’s Guide to Qualified Immunity
- Michigan Supreme Court ‘Takes Notice’ of Statutorily Required Notice Provisions
- Are Municipal Civil Infraction Liens and Judgment Liens ‘Tigers With no Teeth?’
- Justifiable Searches of Cell Phones/Devices
Recent Blog Posts
- Municipalities Cannot Deny Rezoning Application Without Logical Reason
- Michigan Creates New Marijuana Oversight Agency