Plunkett Cooney advises a broad range of clients including general contractors, construction managers and trade contractors on legal issues that impact their commercial enterprise.
The firm has a proud tradition as one of the leaders in this technical area of law and is, again, one of the few firms in Michigan with a group of professionals that dedicate their practices to addressing legal issues in the building and construction industry.
Plunkett Cooney’s attorneys have considerable experience in project bidding, bid disputes, contract negotiation, contract formation, construction administration, payment issues, payment systems, claim analysis and preparation and claim resolution, including mediation, arbitration and litigation.
Our intent in representing contractor clients is to assist them in instituting programs and preventative measures to guard against potential claims, or at the very least, to mitigate losses. This proactive approach has served to prepare Plunkett Cooney’s clients so that they can anticipate, prevent and/or limit their exposure.
Plunkett Cooney attorneys are also well positioned, given their expertise, to negotiate favorable contract terms for their contractor clients and to ensure that their interests are adequately protected before a project is commenced. Of course, project delays and related claims are inevitable and our construction attorneys assist clients on nearly a daily basis in advancing and defending construction claims.
NewsView All »
- Federal Lawsuit Challenges Fair Competition Legislation
- New EPA Requirements Control Surface Water Contamination on Construction Sites
- New State Law Prohibits Union 'Favoritism' in Awarding Public Construction Contracts
- Supreme Court Clarifies Statute of Limitations Applicability in Construction Claims
- Michigan Legislature Introduces Bill Prohibiting ‘Pay-When-Paid’ Clauses on Public Contracts
- Survey of Recent Developments in Michigan Construction Law