To learn more about the issues involved in this practice area, visit and subscribe to Plunkett Cooney's blog - The Transportation Law Hub.
Practice Group Leader(s)
View Practice Group Members
For decades, Plunkett Cooney has been a go-to law firm for trucking companies, rental car agencies, commercial fleet owners and motor vehicle insurance providers for litigation defense services.
The firm's Transportation Law Practice Group consists of experienced trial attorneys focused on resolving complex motor vehicle claims involving personal injuries and property damage, often with multi-million-dollar demand amounts. Plunkett Cooney's nine offices in Michigan and one centralized office each in Indiana and Ohio allow the firm's attorneys to respond quickly to accident scenes and to represent their clients in litigation efficiently, regardless of jurisdiction.
The firm provides counsel and representation for motor vehicle liability claims, no-fault insurance coverage disputes and cases involving trucking liability, including lost or damage cargo, insurance coverage, personal injury and property damage.
- Supreme Court Holds Innocent Third-Party Rule Does Not Survive, Insurers may Rescind Fraudulent Policies
- Supreme Court Shields No-Fault Insurers from Direct PIP Lawsuits by Healthcare Providers
- Social Networking Sites and the Requirement of Authentication
- Michigan Supreme Court Stands ‘Idle’ in Addressing McCormick Decision, Even With two Recent Opportunities
Recent Blog Posts
- Only Named Party May File a Direct Claim Against Carrier
- Plaintiff’s Fraudulent Claims Preclude Personal Injury, Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Insurer Reimbursement Action Limited by One-Year Back Rule Despite Mistake of Fact
- Court Addresses Unreasonable Risk Standard in Trucking Liability Case
- What Employers of CMV Drivers Should Know About Alcohol or Controlled Substance Testing
- The Other Vehicle – The Perplexing Intersection of Motorcycle Law & The Michigan No Fault Act