Ryan P. Bourjaily focuses his practice on litigating probate, trust and estate matters. Mr. Bourjaily also advises clients regarding trust and estate administrations, protective proceedings and estate planning.
With respect to his litigation practice, Mr. Bourjaily represents a broad range of clients in claims involving alleged breach of fiduciary duty, undue influence, lack of mental capacity, fiduciary removal and surcharge, as well as will/trust contests.
A 2014 graduate of the Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, Mr. Bourjaily is a member of the Probate & Estate Planning and the Real Property and General Litigation sections of the State Bar of Michigan.
Representative Client Work
- Counsels clients and draft plans for estates of various sizes and complexity
- Represents fiduciaries and interested persons throughout trust and estate administrations
- Represents clients in probate and real estate matters in both state and appellate courts
- Represents fiduciaries and interested persons in contested and uncontested guardianship and conservatorship matters
- Routinely prepares fiduciary accountings
- Finance and Estate Planning Council of Metro Detroit
- The One Hundred Club of Detroit (2015 – Present)
- State Bar of Michigan (Probate and Estate Planning Section: Legislative Monitoring and Analysis Committee, Chair (2016-2018); Amicus Curiae Committee Member, 2017-Present; Ad Hoc Committee for Fiduciary Exception to the Attorney/Client Privilege, 2018- Present; Membership Committee, 2015-Present)
Publications and Lectures
- Personal Wealth Management Q&A article, Dbusiness Magazine, September/October 2019 edition
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., 2014
- Albion College, B.A., 2011
- Michigan, 2015
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Estate and Trust Litigation, Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Publication, 2019
- Top Attorneys in Michigan - Rising Stars, HD Magazine, 2019
- Top Young Rising Attorneys in Michigan, Crain's Detroit Business, 2019
- Michigan's Top Young Lawyers, Hour Magazine, 2019
- Certificate of Merit Recipient - Advanced Trial Practice, 2014