Laura A. Van Hyfte is an associate in the firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. She focuses her practice in the areas of real property, contract disputes, and resort-area land use and development.
Ms. Van Hyfte also has experience handling issues involving downtown development authorities, city planning and TIF funding.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully litigated a range of land and contract disputes involving large residential and commercial developments
- Successfully represented client to enforce fee simple rights following land acquisitions
- Worked with clients to protect ownership interests in large land appraisal dispute
- Counseled clients on aspects of municipalities’ land regulations and oversight authority
- State Bar of Michigan
Areas of Practice
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2011
- University of Michigan, With Distinction, B.A., 2007
- Michigan, 2013
- Little River Band of Ottawa Indians
Honors & Recognitions
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society Member