Patricia Myers is a senior attorney in the firm's Business Transactions & Planning and Banking, Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights practice groups. Ms. Myers focuses her practice in the areas of real estate, business transactions and banking law.
Ms. Myers has extensive experience in real estate law, handling matters involving mixed use development, construction law, leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, tenant leasing, Sec. 1031 transactions, procurement and financing. She has also worked on commercial office, retail and multi-tenant real estate contract negotiations and due diligence, as well as related multi-million dollar financing transactions with institutional capital sources.
As a Certified Public Accountant for a Big 4 accounting firm, Ms. Myers has represented real estate, banking, retail, service, government and nonprofit clients in commercial and regulatory matters. The assignments have included loan covenants, debt instruments, letters of credit and internal control compliance. She also assisted with tax returns and financial statements, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles reporting, 10K/10Q/management discussion and analysis, comment letters and proxy statements.
In addition, Ms. Myers has expertise with corporate tax returns and financials, income and cash flow analyses and projections, tax research, corporate debt transactions, stock distributions and redemptions, property transfers, and tax assessments regarding partnerships and stakeholders.
Representative Client Work
- Represented corporations in a range of commercial matters, including real estate, commercial and residential transactions, regulatory and compliance issues, risk management, commercial contract disputes and high net worth estates
- Successfully negotiated/drafted real estate documents/contracts, capital/debt financing agreements, commercial contracts, multi-million dollar asset securitizations, operating agreements, business acquisitions, asset purchases and sales
- Successfully negotiated and drafted commercial contracts, including non-compete, indemnification, confidentiality and I.P. licensing agreements
- Negotiated and drafted multi-million-dollar intellectual property agreements with Tier I automotive suppliers
- Served as chief liaison and regulator with all federal and state regulatory authorities, including OCC, FDIC, quasi-governmental agencies Freddie Mac, GNMA and Fannie Mae and preparing and face-presenting regulatory position/response papers
- Headed all regulatory operations on behalf of client, including CERCLA, Fair Lending, CRA, and Consumer Affairs
- Established all legal, regulatory and compliance, quality control, internal audit, risk management and trust departments for regional bank holding company
- Negotiated talent, agent and management contracts for Hallmark and Lionsgate movie productions
- Provided counsel to directors and executive officers, including commercial and residential real estate lending/leasing, debt financing and brokerage services
- Saved clients more than $25 million in contractual recoveries
Certifications & Professional
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Areas of Practice
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Madonna University, B.S., 1985
- Michigan, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1992