Jesse A. Zapczynski is a member of Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice primarily in the areas of motor vehicle liability and No-Fault Law.
Mr. Zapczynski represents national insurers in motor vehicle first- and third-party, bodily injury, and uninsured and under insured motorist claims. He also has extensive experience investigating and resolving fraudulent motor vehicle liability claims.
As a former associate general counsel for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Mr. Zapczynski gained valuable experience handling complex civil litigation matters involving contract enforcement, insurer priority disputes, administrative agency appeals and ERISA actions.
Admitted to the State Bar of Michigan and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, Mr. Zapczynski is a member of the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel and the State Bar of Michigan.
- Miller v Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mich., 500 Mich. 988; 894 N.W.2d 551 (2017)
- Farm Bureau Gen. Ins. Co. of Mich. v Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mich., et al, 314 Mich. App. 12; 884 N.W.2d 853 (2015)
- Barron v Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mich., 898 F. Supp. 2d 933 (E.D. Mich. 2012) aff’d 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 16583, Docket No. 12-2351 (6th Cir. Aug. 8, 2013)
Representative Client Work
- Represents and defends a variety of clients, including insurance carriers, in claims involving personal protection insurance, bodily injury and uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits
- Provides significant experience and detailed analysis regarding the implication of ERISA plans and other healthcare coverage potentially affecting these claims
- Routinely obtains summary disposition regarding different aspects of Michigan No-Fault claims, including, but not limited to, fraud, priority disputes among no-fault carriers, priority disputes with entities providing healthcare coverage, balance bills, and bills outside the scope of chiropractic practice
- Successfully appealed several matters to the Michigan Supreme Court, Michigan Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit Court in matters concerning Michigan No-Fault benefits, ERISA benefits and attorney’s fees
- "The State of Bahri," Detroit Lawyer Magazine, January/February 2018
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, cum laude, J.D., 2010
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2007
- Michigan, 2011
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2011
U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2011
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2011
Honors & Recognitions
- Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, Senior Editor