Alannah M. Buford-Kamerman, a member of the firm’s East Lansing office and the Tort & Litigation Practice Group, focuses her practice in the areas of municipal law and general liability defense.
Ms. Buford-Kamerman represents clients in matters involving zoning ordinances, personal liability, false imprisonment and arrest, drone liability, roof collapses and Michigan’s Wrongful Death Act.
Ms. Buford-Kamerman serves a Co-Chair of Plunkett Cooney's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and she is a member of the African American Associates' Collaborative of Detroit. She received her law degree, magna cum laude, from Michigan State University College of Law in 2016 and her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Bard College at Simon’s Rock in 2012.
- State Bar of Michigan
Publications and Lectures
- "Legal Aspects of Business Entity Selection,” Presenter, 2014 – Present
- “Pregnancy Discrimination: How the US and EU Protect Women,” Author, Michigan State University College of Law's International Law Review, April 25, 2016
- “Treasure, Shipwrecks, and Property Law,” Author, Michigan State University College of Law's International Law Review, Jan. 4, 2016
Areas of Practice
- Michigan State University College of Law, magna cum laude, J.D., 2016
- Bard College at Simon's Rock, cum laude, B.A., 2012
- Michigan, 2016
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Rising Star in Personal Injury General Defense, Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters publication, 2018