Arturo Alfaro is a member of Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses his practice primarily in the areas of motor vehicle negligence and no-fault law.
A member of the firm's Bloomfield Hills office, Mr. Alfaro routinely defends insured motorists, rental car companies and corporations in no-fault coverage disputes and negligence suits. He advises his clients on all aspects of pre-suit claims, including strategic planning for anticipated litigation and providing opinions regarding coverage and priority.
Mr. Alfaro also maintains a multi-faceted immigration law practice through which he assists individuals and families with family-based petitions and Visa processing, including permanent residency and removal of residency conditions. His practice includes naturalization and other types of applications, including employment authorizations and change of status filings. When litigation arises, he represents clients in removal /deportation cases, asylum interviews, change of venue motions and bond hearings.
- Hispanic Bar Association of Michigan (Board of Directors, 2020-2021; Treasurer-Elect, 2020-2021; Treasurer, 2021-2022)
- Detroit Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan (Immigration Law Section; Treasurer, 2021-2022)
- Mt. Zion Church, Clarkston, MI, Associate Minister
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, magna cum laude, J.D., 2020
- Baker College, summa cum laude, 2004
- Michigan, 2020
Honors & Recognitions
- Alumni Association’s Distinguished Student Award
- Leadership Achievement Award
- Editor-in-Chief, WMU Cooley Law Review (2018-2019)
- Leaders Academy (2018-2019)
- 2018 Ralph M. Freeman Scholarship, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Certificates of Merit (Book Awards): Research & Writing; Advanced Writing; Scholarly Writing; Leadership Development I; Advanced Practice Skills: Mediation Training; Pretrial Skills; Trial Skills
- 2017 National Moot Court Team
- Moot Court Intra-School Competition, 1st place, 2016
- First-Year Mock Trial Competition, 1st place, 2016