Arturo Alfaro is a member of Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses his practice primarily in the areas of motor vehicle negligence and no-fault law. He routinely defends insured motorists, rental car companies and corporations in no-fault coverage disputes and negligence suits.
A member of the firm's Bloomfield Hills office, Mr. Alfaro advises his clients in all aspects of handling pre-suit claims, including strategic planning for anticipated litigation and providing opinions regarding coverage and priority.
Mr. Alfaro recently graduated and was valedictorian of the 2020 class of Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. He received numerous academic accolades, including the Alumni Association’s Distinguished Student Award and the Leadership Achievement Award. He was also a member of the school’s Leaders Academy.
- Michigan Supreme Court - State Courts Administration Office, Certified Spanish Court Interpreter
- Hispanic Bar Association of Michigan (Board of Directors, 2020-2021; Treasurer-Elect, 2020-2021)
- Detroit Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
Mt. Zion Church, Clarkston, MI, Associate Minister
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, magna cum laude, J.D., 2020
- Baker College, summa cum laude, 2004
- Michigan, 2020
Honors & Recognitions
- Alumni Association’s Distinguished Student Award
- Leadership Achievement Award
- Editor-in-Chief, WMU Cooley Law Review (2018-2019)
- Leaders Academy (2018-2019)
- 2018 Ralph M. Freeman Scholarship, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Certificates of Merit (Book Awards): Research & Writing; Advanced Writing; Scholarly Writing; Leadership Development I; Advanced Practice Skills: Mediation Training; Pretrial Skills; Trial Skills
- 2017 National Moot Court Team
- Moot Court Intra-School Competition, 1st place, 2016
- First-Year Mock Trial Competition, 1st place, 2016