Aleanna B. Siacon is a member of Plunkett Cooney's Torts & Litigation and Governmental Law practice groups. She maintains a diverse litigation practice that includes the defense of premises liability, personal injury, municipal liability and product liability claims, as well as cases involving general negligence.
Ms. Siacon's public-sector experience includes the direct representation of municipalities in the metro Detroit area and in northern Michigan. She handles real property disputes, civil rights matters, election law issues, ordinance reviews, First Amendment issues and education law cases.
Prior to graduating from Wayne State University Law School in 2022, Ms. Siacon worked as a summer associate at Plunkett Cooney and as a civil division intern for the U.S. Attorney's office in the Eastern District of Michigan. In addition, she has the distinction of having served as a judicial intern for Judge Mark Goldsmith of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Before attending law school, Ms. Siacon pursued a career in journalism. Her work has been published in USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, the Associated Press, the Detroit Free Press, Hour Detroit magazine, Inc. magazine, and more.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
- Michigan Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Forum on Communications Law
- It’s How ‘Worthy’ Is Newsworthy? Re-evaluating Fair Use in the Social Media Age, 68 Wayne L. Rev 287 (2022)
- “To Represent While Representing,” Author, Hour Detroit, April 2022
Areas of Practice
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2022
- Wayne State University, summa cum laude, B.A., 2019
- Michigan, 2022
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2022
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2023
Honors & Recognitions
- Wayne Law Review, Assistant Editor, 2020-2021
- Wayne Law Review, Diversity Editor (Inaugural), 2021-2022
- Silver Key Academic Award
- WLAM Foundation 2021 Dawn Van Hoek Outstanding Woman Law Student Award
- John W. Reed Endowed Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- The Honorable Daniel S. and Sarah R. Opperman Endowed Scholarship
- Highest Grade in Family Law
- Wayne Law Winter In-House Moot Court Competition 2021 Semifinalist (Top 3 Oralist)
- ABA First Amendment & Media Law Diversity Moot Court Competition 2021 Quarterfinalist
- GoToWebinar, 09.25.2023
- Litigation Defenders, 09.07.2023
- Defamatory Google Review? What to Know Before Bringing Legal Action Against Anonymous Online Users for Defamation in MichiganLitigation Defenders, 01.23.2023