An associate in Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Group, Andrea L. Kahn focuses her practice on the defense of litigation involving motor vehicle negligence and Michigan's No-Fault Law with particular emphasis on Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims.
In addition to her transportation law practice, Ms. Kahn has experience in the areas of family law, landlord/tenant disputes, property leases and criminal defense.
Ms. Kahn is an active member of the State Bar of Michigan and the Grand Rapids Bar Association where she has served on several committees. Ms. Kahn is active with the Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association for which she judges first-year law students’ oral arguments, in addition to other regional and national Moot Court competitions statewide and she coached the competitive Aquinas College competitive Moot Court Team.
Representative Client Work
Assisted with obtaining summary disposition in multiple No-Fault matters involving priority disputes among insurance carriers, as well as the payment of personal protection insurance benefits under the statute
Assisted with the creation and implementation of institutional legal practices for a major insurance carrier to ensure consistency in state-wide policies
Significant family law trial experience, including favorable results in matters involving custody, parenting time, asset distributions and support
- Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
Certified Facilitative Mediator, Michigan State University College of Law
Areas of Practice
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Aquinas College, B.A., 2008
- Michigan, 2011
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan State University College of Law Journal of Animal Law, Articles Editor
- Aquinas College Moot Court Team, Coach
- Regional and National Moot Court Competitions, Judge
- Niagara International Moot Court Team, Member, Sixth place overall in individual competition, 2010