Chelsea B. Gallagher is an associate attorney in the firm’s Transportation Law Practice Group who represents clients in the areas of No-Fault insurance litigation and automobile negligence involving personal injury protection claims. She also has experience handling insurance coverage disputes and premises liability litigation.
Ms. Gallagher defends the insured policyholders of some of the nation’s leading auto insurance providers. These matters typically involve bodily injury, uninsured/underinsured motorist claims, negligent entrustment and pet liability disputes. Her practice also involves resolving alleged fraud cases and suspicious claims involving insureds.
A 2016 magna cum laude graduate of the University of South Carolina Law School, Ms. Gallagher is a member of the Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Representative Client Work
- Obtained summary judgment in matters involving insurance fraud where the insured intentionally misrepresented information to obtain benefits or to procure the policy of insurance
- Obtained summary judgment in no-fault matters involving priority disputes among insurance carriers, coverage and other matters involving the payment of personal protection insurance benefits under the statute
- Obtained summary judgment for clients on numerous issues, including premises liability, serious impairment of body function, negligence and no-fault claims
- Detroit Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan – Wayne
- Irish Network Detroit
- State Bar of Michigan
- University of South Carolina Law School, magna cum laude, J.D., 2016
- Michigan State University, B.S., 2011
- Michigan, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2016