Kaitlin M. Gant is a member of Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group. She focuses her practice in the areas of motor vehicle negligence and Michigan's No-Fault Law.
A member of the firm's Detroit office, Ms. Gant represents insurers and individuals in general liability defense matters, including first- and third-party automobile cases. She also handles motor vehicle matters that involve the investigation of fraudulent and suspicious claims. Additionally, Ms. Gant has experience handling Indian Law.
Ms. Gant is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) (credentialed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)), representing clients in privacy, data breach and cybersecurity matters. Prior to graduating from law school, she worked with in-house counsel in a compliance role, focusing on privacy and data security laws and regulations to support the internal data security compliance program at a global consulting and business management firm.
Ms. Gant received her law degree from Michigan State University College of Law in 2020 and her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan in 2017.
- Detroit Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan (American Indian Law, Litigation, and Insurance and Indemnity Law sections)
- Indian Law Certificate
- CIPP/US Certification
- LexisNexis Legal Research Certification
- "Disqualify the Qualified: Independent Medical Examinations in Michigan’s No-Fault System," Author, State Bar of Michigan's The Journal of Insurance and Indemnity Law, Volume 13 Number 1, January 2020
Areas of Practice
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2020
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2017
- Michigan, 2021
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan State University College of Law Trustee Leadership Scholarship
- National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court Competition, finalist, Best Overall Advocate award winner, 2020
- Appellate Court Affirms Dismissal of MAIPF Claimant’s No-Fault Action Based on Fraudulent Attendant Care FormsTransportation Law Hub, 11.16.2022
- Transportation Law Hub, 07.26.2022