Kaitlin M. Gant is a member of Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group. She focuses her practice in the areas of motor vehicle negligence and Michigan's No-Fault Law.
A member of the firm's Detroit office, Ms. Gant represents insurers and individuals in general liability defense matters, including first- and third-party automobile cases. She also handles motor vehicle matters that involve the investigation of fraudulent and suspicious claims. Additionally, Ms. Gant has experience handling Indian Law.
Ms. Gant received her law degree from Michigan State University College of Law in 2020 and her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan in 2017.
- Detroit Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan (American Indian Law, Litigation, and Insurance and Indemnity Law sections)
- Indian Law Certificate
- LexisNexis Legal Research Certification
- "Disqualify the Qualified: Independent Medical Examinations in Michigan’s No-Fault System," Author, State Bar of Michigan's The Journal of Insurance and Indemnity Law, Volume 13 Number 1, January 2020
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2020
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2017
- Michigan, 2021
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan State University College of Law Trustee Leadership Scholarship
- National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court Competition, finalist, Best Overall Advocate award winner, 2020