Trevor J. Zamborsky is member of Plunkett Cooney’s Transportation Law and Medical Liability practice groups who focuses his practice on the defense of physicians and other health care professionals in complex medical liability cases and insurance policyholders in motor vehicle liability disputes involving first- and third-party motor claims.
A member of the firm's Detroit office, Mr. Zamborsky's litigation expertise also includes disputes involving alleged personal injury, civil rights violations and claims in the area of commercial bankruptcy.
Mr. Zamborsky was named a Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of civil litigation in 2017 and 2018. He is a member of the Oakland County Bar Association, the Young Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Michigan, and the Diversity Committee of the Federal Bar Association.
Representative Client Work
- Obtained numerous summary dispositions in favor of insurance companies where the plaintiff committed fraud in the application for insurance
- Trial experience includes civil jury trials in state and federal court
- Obtained several summary judgment rulings s in favor of physicians in a civil rights actions brought by prisoners.
- Successfully represented and defended physicians in civil rights, medical malpractice, and governmental immunity matters at the federal and state levels
- Experience also includes defending insurance companies and their insureds in a variety of matters including, professional liability, workers’ compensation, home, auto, and contractual disputes
- In a significant civil rights case, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a district court decision in his client’s favor
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan (Diversity Committee)
- Common Ground, Oakland County, Volunteer
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, cum laude, J.D., 2012
- Northern Michigan University, B.A., 2007
- Michigan, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2020
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star in Civil Litigation - Defense; Michigan Super Lawyer Magazine, a Thomson Reuters publication, 2017 - 2018