A member of the firm's Detroit office, Claire D. Vergara focuses her litigation practice in the areas of first-party No-Fault and third-party motor vehicle negligence.
Ms. Vergara has experience handling insurance-related claims involving personal injury, general negligence and medical malpractice. In her capacity as panel counsel for several national insurance providers, she has prevailed in numerous mediations, arbitrations, settlements and appeals.
Licensed to practice law in state and federal courts in Michigan, Ms. Vergara received her law degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2012 and her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan in 2009. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan.
Representative Client Work
- Represented a variety of clients, including medical providers such as hospitals, TBI facilities, surgical centers, anesthesia groups, case managers, rehabilitation clinics, transportation companies and catastrophically injured individuals, in first-party No-Fault and third-party motor vehicle negligence claims
- Obtained summary disposition on behalf of medical providers in No-Fault matters involving payment of personal protection insurance benefits under the No-Fault statute in order to obtain payment, interest and penalty attorney’s fees
- Served as second chair, tried to verdict two no-fault personal protection insurance benefit cases on behalf of medical providers
- Appealed and argued multiple applications for leave to appeal involving personal protection insurance benefits to the Michigan Court of Appeals and Michigan Supreme Court
- Served as trial counsel in multiple medical malpractice/wrongful death cases, trying them to verdict
- State Bar of Michigan
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., 2012
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2009
- Michigan, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2014
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star in Personal Injury General Defense, Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters publication, 2018 - 2020
- The National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Lawyer Under 40”