Corey J. McPherson is a member of Plunkett Cooney’s Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses his practice on first- and third-party automobile liability.
Working in the firm's Bloomfield Hills office, Mr. McPherson routinely represents insurance carriers, corporations and individuals in matters pertaining to all aspects of No-Fault law, including bodily injury, uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist coverage claims. He also focuses his practice on the representation of insurers in fraud disputes with medical providers.
Mr. McPherson is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Michigan. He is a member of the Oakland County Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan and the American Bar Association.
Representative Client Work
- Serving as first chair, successfully tried a first-party personal protection action and uninsured motorist action to verdict in Wayne County Circuit Court
- Serving as second chair, successfully tried multiple first-party personal protection actions to verdict in Wayne County Circuit Court, including a fraud verdict
- Obtained summary judgment in a first-party personal protection insurance provider case that resulted in the dismissal of over $600,000 in medical expenses related to the insured’s failure to comply with the insurance policy and the Michigan No-Fault Act’s provisions on cooperation with an insurer
- Obtained summary judgments in multiple uninsured and underinsured motorist claims related to the insureds' failure to meet the threshold injury standard outlined under MCL 500.3135 regarding serious impairment of a body function
- Obtained awards in excess of $100,000 against medical providers on behalf of insurers related to false submissions of alleged medical treatment
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Michigan State University College of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2015
- Oakland University, magna cum laude, B.A., 2012
- Michigan, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2015
Honors & Recognitions
- Trustee Elaine Fieldman Bar Exam Scholarship
- Michigan State University College of Law Faculty Scholarship