D’Antae D. Gooden is an associate in the firm’s Bloomfield Hills office who focuses his litigation practice in the areas of third-party motor vehicle negligence, no fault law, premises liability and employment litigation.
Mr. Gooden has experience handling first-party PIP claims, third-party auto negligence claims, as well as cases involving alleged fraud and suspicious insured claims related to motor vehicle accidents. Mr. Gooden also has experience handling matters that include allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation and civil rights claims brought under federal and state statutes.
Admitted to the State Bar of Michigan, Mr. Gooden graduated, cum laude, from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2018. Mr. Gooden received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University in 2015.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully obtained a dismissal for a municipal client involved in a tax assessment dispute with a local business
- Successfully obtained a new tax valuation for a business client, saving the client $150,000 in tax liability
- Argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of no-fault carriers regarding threshold, priority and coverage disputes
- Defended self-insurers in premises liability matters
- D. Augustus Straker Bar Association
- Wolverine Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
Areas of Practice
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2018
- Michigan State University, magna cum laude, B.A., 2015
- Michigan, 2018
Honors & Recognitions
- Detroit Mercy Law Dean’s Fellow
- Moot Court Board of Advocates
- Book Awards: Advanced Advocacy, Employment Litigation