Eric T. Ramar is a member of the firm's Medical Litigation Practice Group who concentrates his practice primarily in the area of medical malpractice litigation defense.
Mr. Ramar represents physicians, dentists, hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice actions throughout Michigan. He also represents healthcare providers in state licensing and regulatory matters.
A former judicial intern for the Hon. Judge Sean Cox of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Mr. Ramar received his law degree from the University of Toledo College of Law in 2013. He received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University in 2010.
Representative Client Work
- Obtained dismissal of orthodontist in case alleging improper implementation of braces
- Obtained dismissal of nursing home facility in case alleging wrongful cremation of the decedent
- Obtained dismissal of ophthalmologist in case alleging failure to properly perform Lasik eye surgery
- Obtained dismissal of general dentist in case alleging improper extraction of third molars resulting in damage to inferior alveolar nerve
- Successfully mediated multiple actions against neurosurgeon based upon failure of spinal fusion-hardware
- Successfully represented nurse in state licensing investigation regarding improper dispensing of medications; no action was taken against the nurse’s license
- Assisted in defending to no cause for action a wrongful death claim against a radiologist alleging a failure to recommend follow-up CT scan leading to progression of cancer
Publications and Lectures
- "NextGen Medical Liability - Strategies, Tactics & Technology in the Millennial Age," Presenter, Plunkett Cooney’s Medical Liability Seminar, Detroit Athletic Club, May 31, 2019
- State Bar of Michigan (Negligence Law, Litigation sections)
Areas of Practice
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 2013
- Michigan State University, B.S., 2010
- Michigan, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
Honors & Recognitions
- National Order of the Barristers Award
- Commercial Law, Tax Fraud - Highest-ranked student
- Toledo Law National Moot Court Program, Vice Chair